Thursday, December 6, 2012

We Moved!

Yes, we moved! I had a panic attack the day we moved and shook uncontrollably; I didn't know what was going on.


Mom cuddled me, and I felt better.


We moved two towns over from our previous town. We shut the door to our old apartment and walked our regular waterfront trail to our new apartment. Now I'm helping Mom unpack the kitchen. Mom is ecstatic. I'm wagging.


And thank you, all, for your generous, healing comments about Dad's bicycle accident and his broken radius bone. Dachshund Daddy is doing much better. His physical therapy is already progressing. He says he is exhausted, which makes a lot of sense to me and to Mom.

I have been waking up in the middle of the night to lick Dachshund Daddy's face all over, especially his nose. Do you think that helps?

14 comments:

  1. Only if you don't glue up the nose holes with your spit so he can't breathe, Tootsie :)

    Glad you had a good move and that DD is getting better and that you are wagging! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh licking his nose for sure is helping. Of that there is no doubt. I am glad he is getting better, without you I am sure he would not be as far a long. MOM snuggles are just the best. They make all things better.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never moved, but my kitty sibligns have and they told me how skeery it was. I'm glad you were able to get MommaSnuggles to get you through it!

    Nose licks ALWAYS help. They boost the healing process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Licking his nose it the best thing to do! Good news on your move, now you are going to have new places to sniff out and meet new local dogs too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadies and the Other MotherDecember 6, 2012 at 8:57 AM

    Nose kisses are the best medicine yet. I get them all the time from Sadie. DD surely needs them. MOM snuggles are the best for anxiety attacks. Miss You
    Sadie and the Other Mother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad the move went well. (Pre-move nerves are quite understandable).
    And absolutely, licking the nose will totally help.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should seriously look into hospital therapy dog. Nose licks are the best treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's rough being the new kid on the block. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry that the Move was so ... difficult fur you. BUTT we are SURE the new place will be grrrrreat.

    YES.. we DO think that having you lick D.Dad's Face and Nose WILL speed his recovery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure it helps!
    Moving is always fun!
    Nola

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so sweet to take care of your dad with nose kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nose licking is a sign of how much you love your daddy!
    I am sending healing magic bubbles to help him too!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I'm sure that all that licking is what's helping your Daddy heal so fast Tootsie! So if you did it even more, I'm sure he would heal even faster! LOL! I'm glad your move went okay and your getting settled in.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the licking definitely helps! After all, pets do have magical healing powers :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...