Thursday, October 18, 2012

Jet-Lagged Dachshund

Oh, jet lag.


I wake at 3am in Switzerland, which is 6pm in Idaho. Mom is awake. I wake at 1pm in Switzerland, which is 4am in Idaho. Mom is asleep. To be sure, she suffers from jet lag more than I do.

Still, I suffer: I always think it's breakfast time when it's dinner time and dinner time when it's breakfast time. It's snack time all the time. Mom says, "That's not a jet lag problem, my squiggly wiggly druid."

Oh, jet lag.

Because the time is essentially flipped with a nine-hour difference, when my body thinks it should be light, it's dark, and when my body thinks is should be dark, it's light.


Oh, the problems of little dogs.

But I'm not complaining! I'm not barking! During commute times--our commute between Idaho and Switzerland--when jet lag is ruff, I manage. I burrow. I nap. I dream.

My secret skill?

I pretend I'm a dachshund druid with special powers to resist jet lag.


I love to cuddle, so I cuddle up to poor Mom. Since she works online, she just works when she wakes. In the middle of the night, or was it day?, she watched BBC's streaming video of the second U.S. Presidential debate. Mom says jet lag is cute on a low-down dog. She says it's not cute on a high-up human.



Do you think I should teach Mom how to pretend she's a dachshund druid with special powers to embrace jet lag?

11 comments:

  1. Just go with the flow. SHE's such a poor sleeper that SHE's never had jet lag....and SHE's travelled all over the world.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first picture out the plane is just beautiful. I wish there was some sort of jet-lag resistance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tootsie if you get your meal times mixed up... you could just have BRUNCH fur every meal. RIGHT?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're too cute! I think you should keep your secret to yourself, though. We can't teach humans EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All will return to normal soon. I would just sleep until it does.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor little dear.

    Wait a minute. Do you even get jet lagged? I mean dogs have awesome super sleep recovery powers.

    Huggies and Cheese,
    Haopee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, please teach us all how to embrace jet lag, Druid Tootsie! Actually, maybe you should write a book. I think it would be a best seller.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that last picture of yoU!
    Nola
    PS thanks for the well wishes, I'm feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I was reading along feeling bad for you and your jet lag Tootsie and then you hit me with that last picture! That is just so cute, you kind of look like Yoda! I hope all returns to normal soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our lady says she wishes you could take melatonin. It helps her when she travels. Last time she did a big trip, she didn't get it at all, and she did a 11 hour time change. Hope your body figures out where it is soon!
    Hailey and Zaphod

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Tootsie, Jet here.

    Oh most definitely, teach Mom... We were going to recommend melatonin, too. Wonder if there is K9 equivalent?

    My human grandpa used to travel to China often for business, so Mom knows what you mean... good luck with your change over. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...